Looks like you're on an iPad or iPhone. We have special install instructions just for you.
- Add this Page as a Bookmark - If you’re on iOS7, the icon you tap is the box with an upwards arrow to the left of the URL of the page. After tapping that icon, click on Bookmark.
- Change the Name of the Bookmark - You will see an Add Bookmark popup where you can change the name of the bookmark to something shorter like “Spritzlet”. Go ahead and tap Save after you have changed the name.
- Copy the code - Copy all of the code in the text box below labeled “Spritzlet Code”.
- Edit your bookmark - Tap on the Bookmarks icon which looks like a book to the right of the URL bar. You should see a list of bookmarks, find your newly created bookmark. Tap on Edit in the bottom right and then tap on your Spritzlet bookmark.
- Paste the code - Tap the second line of the bookmark (this line contains the URL of your bookmark). Clear everything that is in this box by clicking the X. In its place, paste the code you copied in step 3. Now go back to favorites, and tap done.
- That's It! - On any page, open your Bookmarks and tap the Spritzlet bookmark and start spritzing.
If you would like to stay logged in across sites, you can change the block cookie settings for Safari. To do this, go to Settings > Safari > Block Cookies, and change it to "Never".
How to install and use (don't worry, it's easy)
Drag the Spritzlet button above to your bookmarks bar to install it.
Where is my bookmarks/favorites bar?
Your bookmarks bar may be hidden. It looks like a list of links underneath the URL text box. Here's how to show it:
Chrome, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer: Control (Command on a Mac) + Shift + B
Firefox: Control (Command on a Mac) + B
Right click on the link below and click copy the link addressCopy the link address!
Locate the Bookmarks button in your Chrome bar or open it by pressing Command + Option + B
Expand the bookmark menu by clicking on the 3 dots on top right corner
Click on Add New Bookmark
Fill in the name with any name you want i.e Spritlet
Click on the URL section and paste the copied code by pressing Command (ctrl) + V
Navigate to any site and click your Spritzlet bookmark to spritz the entire page.
To spritz only part of a page, highlight text and click the play button. Clicking the play button without any text highlighted will spritz the entire page.
To quickly adjust the words per minute (wpm), you can use the left and right arrow keys.
Click the blue login link to sign-in. You'll have to create an account if you don't have one.
Why should I create a Spritz account?
Registration is free and easy. You can also sign-in with your Facebook account.
Here's what registered users get access to:
- Spritz below 200 WPM and above 450 WPM.
- Your WPM and position settings are saved between sites.
- We're working on tons of other features that only registered users will get access to.
Spritzlet not working for you?
Getting the Spritzlet to work on every webpage is a tall order. If a page doesn't work as expected, let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org. In your email be sure to include the URL of the site, your web browser, and what exactly went wrong so we can get everything fixed for you as soon as possible.
Will it work on smart phones?
Yes. If it doesn't work on your phone, let us know.
Will it work with PDFs on the web?
The Spritzlet only works on content published in HTML. Readsy is a great, free service that allows you to spritz PDFs.
It doesn't work on [insert website] here.
We're sorry about that! Email email@example.com the URL and we'll see if we can get things working for you.